Welcome to the website of Altrusa International of Branch County. Our organization
is located in South Central Michigan.
Altrusa is an international network of executives and professionals
in diversified careers who are dedicated to promoting community
service. Altrusa was founded in 1917 in Nashville, Tennessee and
became an international organization in 1935. Mamie L. Bass was
the first national president.
In the early 1980's professional women in the Coldwater
area saw the need for a women's service organization. Following
evaluation of various international service organizations, the group
decide to affiliate with Altrusa. The Branch County Chapter was
organized in 1982. Currently there are 60 members.
- Efficiency - Service